Brown rice veggie and egg fried rice. In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Clear a space in the middle of the pan by moving the rice and vegetables to the edges. Scoot the veggies to the parameter of the pan, crack in the egg and use your spatula to quickly scramble the egg and mix it into the vegetables.
The rice was good but I knew I could make a better, healthier version at home. To make it healthier, I used brown rice and I piled on the vegetables. Also, instead of using whole eggs, I substituted egg whites. You can make Brown rice veggie and egg fried rice using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brown rice veggie and egg fried rice
- Prepare 2 of Whole Carrots Diced.
- It’s 1 of Green Bell Peper Diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of Yellow Onion.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of Cooked Brown Rice (could be leftover from night before).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olive Oil (only so food won't stick).
- Prepare 4 of Eggs. 3 Egg Whites and 1 Whole Egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce (add more or less to your likening).
- Prepare 1 of Salt and Peper.
Move the rice to the edges of the wok, and create an open area in the middle. Stir to scramble the eggs, then mix in the rice little by little until it's all combined. Add diced vegetables and cooked meat. Stir fry for a few minutes until all the ingredients have warmed through.
Brown rice veggie and egg fried rice step by step
- Cut and prep. Veggies..
- Get medium size pan. All 1/2 the oil and heat up pan..
- Beat eggs and add to pan on medium to high. Cook like any scrambled eggs. (Add salt and peper if desired).
- When finished cooking remove eggs from pan and set aside..
- Add the rest of the oil to pan and add carrots cook for 3 min on medium..
- Then add green bell pepers and cook for 1 min on medium..
- Add onion and cook veggies for about 4-5min on medium. Untill soft but not squishy. Add salt and peper if desired.
- Add cooked brown rice to pan with veggies. on medium to low heat just to reheate the rice. Stir constantly to keep from sticking..
- Lower heat a little and add soy sauce and mix in..
- Add eggs back to pan and mix everything together on low heat for about 2 min. Add salt and peper if desired..
- Remove from heat and ENJOY!.
A healthy fried brown rice with egg and lots of veggies. This Chinese restaurant-style fried rice is an excellent way of including a fibre-rich meal in your daily routine. To make this fried rice, you'll need, a good quality brown rice, bunch of vegetables to your liking, eggs, soy sauce, vinegar and a key ingredient, sesame oil. Make sure to break up any clumps of rice so that it gets fully mixed in with the veggies, eggs, and soy sauce. Mix everything together until all the ingredients are well combined and the rice has a nice brown color.