Salted egg fried rice. For this salted egg yolk fried rice to turn out delicious with a soft-chewy texture, here are some cooking tips: Have all ingredients ready before frying the rice. Make sure your pan is hot and work quickly in a small batch. Toss and stir constantly and quickly so that each grain of rice is coated with salted egg yolk, giving it a golden color.
However, when the duck egg and rice are fused together and made into fried rice, it becomes extra delicious. The fried rice grains are golden and transparent. The appetite will also open up. You can make Salted egg fried rice using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Salted egg fried rice
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- It’s 1 of salted egg.
- It’s 2 of dried scallop.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen vegetables.
- It’s 1 of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of luncheon meat.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
Add the egg yolks and mix until each grain of rice is coated. in another bowl, crumble the salted egg yolks into fine crumbs. Heat up a wok on high. Add the ghee (or oil) then add the crumbled salted egg yolks. Stir until the mixture is completely foamy, then add the rice.
Salted egg fried rice step by step
- Cook rice and refrigerate overnight to draw moisture from rice.
- Soak dried scallops in water. After at least 3 hours, pull apart to strips. Set aside water used to soak dried scallops.
- Cook frozen vegetables separately and set aside.
- Add oil to medium hot pan.
- Add onions and stir fry, for around 1 minute.
- Add in luncheon meat, dried scallops and vegetables, stir fry for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in rice and toss.
- Add salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Create well and add in salted eggs.
- Cook eggs for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add sesame oil to taste.
Stir fry until the rice no longer feels sticky or wet. Add brown rice and stir-fry just a minute or two or until all the brown rice is heated. During this step, the wok may be dry because of the heat, add a little bit of water occasionally, so the rice won't burn and stick on the wok. Then add salted eggs and stir fried for a couple minutes. Serve with cucumber, Thai chili, chili garlic sauce, and.