Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly.
Remove Chicken, de-bone and chop into bite size chunks. In a medium sized pot combine stock, veggies and spices except parsley. While chicken is cooking, cook the noodles in a large pot as per package directions. You can make Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s 5 Lb. of Whole Chicken.
- You need 2 of Celery Sticks- cut 1 in big chunks, mince other.
- It’s 2 of Medium Carrots- cut 1 in big chunks, mince other.
- It’s 1 of Large Red onion, quarter half of it, and mince the other half.
- You need 8 of large Garlic Cloves or the whole head If your a garlic lover.
- It’s Half of bunch of Parsley.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare A Few of Sprigs Fresh Thyme.
- It’s 1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary.
- Prepare 2 of Fresh Sage Leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon, Quartered.
- You need 2 TBS of Butter.
- Prepare 1 TBS. of Black Pepper.
- You need 1/8 Cup of salt (I use Himilayan Pink Sea Salt).
- It’s 1/2 LB. of Homemade Noodles.
- Prepare of Optional- 1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, a recipe straight from grandma's kitchen. This is a tasty, nourishing soup loaded with tender chunks of chicken, vegetables and wide noodles to catch all the delicious broth. Great Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. A yummy soup recipe that is great for rainy days, sick days, or any day you feel like having some good comfort food.
Grandma's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Put the chicken in a large pot and fill with water until chicken is covered. Add 1 stick of celery(the big chunks) and the 1 carrot stick (big chunks) plus the rest of the ingredients except noodles. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Put the lid on and check after an hour and 15 mins..
- Insert a thermometer into deepest part of breast until the internal temperature reaches 160. (Not 165) it will come to temperature after resting for 10 mins..
- At this point, if your chicken has reached temperature, remove the chicken and place on a large cutting board. Strain and SAVE the amazing broth you just made. Picture below is after shredding chicken and before straining. I added the bones back to broth and simmered for another 30 mins..
- If your still with me, (I didn't say grandma's took shortcuts, the flavor is worth the effort.) Then shred the chicken and set aside..
- Heat the same pan over medium, add 2 Tbsp butter, your remaining Carrot,🥕 Celery and 1/2 minced Onion. Summer about 10 mins until translucent. You can add a pinch of salt to make the veggies sweat..
- Add broth to the veggies, taste for salt and pepper, add about 2 cups of chicken or more if you like. Simmer for another 10 mins. And add your homemade noodles!.
- Oh ya! Speaking of homemade noodles- see my next post to come for homemade fettuccini noodles..
In a large pot add chicken breasts, carrots, celery, onions, & parsley. I did not use the baking powder. I will definitely make these again! Thanks for this easy, yet delicious, noodle recipe! Just add chicken, broth, carrots, onion, garlic, and celery to a pot.