Burmese chicken noodles. Dice onions, garlic, and ginger and put in separate bowls. While the chicken is marinating bring a pot of water to the boil for cooking the noodles. To a food processor add the shallots, ginger and garlic.
Lob in the stir-fried chicken and bring to a simmer. Place the egg/wheat noodles in bowl, then ladle the chicken broth over. Top with the sliced shallots, the eggs and the crispy rice noodle garnish. You can have Burmese chicken noodles using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Burmese chicken noodles
- It’s 500 gm of noodles.
- You need 200 gm of chicken.
- It’s 1 of medium size cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 7 of big tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare Bunch of spring onion chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped coriander.
- It’s 3 tbs of dark soya sauce.
- You need 2 tbs of green chillie sauce.
- Prepare of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 6 cloves of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- It’s of Salt as par taste.
Taste and add more turmeric or paprika, if needed. While broth is simmering, prepare noodles according to package directions. Add coconut milk to soup and stir. Add chicken and simmer a few minutes.
Burmese chicken noodles step by step
- Boil noodles and drain. Keep aside..
- In a vessel heat oil add chopped garlic and black pepper powder. Saute for some time. Add cabbage and tomatoes to it and fry till little soft. Then add chopped onion and half of coriander to it..
- Meanwhile boil chicken with ginger garlic paste and chillie powder..
- Add cooked chicken in prepared veggies also add noodles. Soya sauce, green chillie sauce. Mix well. Garnish with coriander and serve..
Place noodles in soup bowls and ladle soup over noodles. Ohn no khao swè, meaning noodles with coconut milk, is a traditional Burmese dish that is believed to have inspired the creation of Thailand's khao sai. It consists of boiled egg noodles and pieces of curried chicken smothered in a creamy coconut-milk-and-chicken soup. Pumpkin brings a natural sweetness — often flavored with warm, earthy spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger — while cream cheese is rich, tart, and tangy. MiMi's delicious Burmese garlic oil noodles recipe is wonderfully moreish and definitely one to try at home.