Italian Flounder Pasta with herbed cherry tomato sauce. Find Deals on Isopasta in Pasta & Noodles on Amazon. Coat a heavy duty skillet and a large casserole dish with cooking spray. The mild-tasting flounder fillets get a flavor boost with the fresh cherry tomato Italian herb sauce.
Plunge tomatoes into the boiling water and immediately remove to a medium bowl of ice water; drain. Remove and discard skins from tomatoes. Heat ½ cup oil in a large heavy pot over low. You can have Italian Flounder Pasta with herbed cherry tomato sauce using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Italian Flounder Pasta with herbed cherry tomato sauce
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of flounder filets (about 4-5 filets).
- It’s 3 tbsp of extra Virginia olive oil divided.
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced onion.
- It’s 1.5 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 0.5 cup of celery finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of capers rinsed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 8-10 dashes of hot sauce (I use Old Bay hot sauce).
- You need 1-2 tsp of ground fennel seed.
- You need 2 tbsp of dry white wine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 5-6 of basil leaves sliced into ribbons.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 8-12 oz of angel hair pasta cooked.
Increase heat to medium and add tomatoes, red. Toss the pasta instead with a simple sauce made with cherry tomatoes, garlic and Italian herbs. Add garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano;. Add cooked sausage. pour over pasta; toss to mix.
Italian Flounder Pasta with herbed cherry tomato sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat a heavy duty skillet and a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- To the skillet add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, and celery and cook on medium- high heat for about 4 minutes, but not hot enough or long enough to brown them..
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, capers, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp ground fennel, salt, pepper, hot sauce, wine, and water. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover tightly and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Rub both sides of fish with with the remaining olive oil, ground fennel, and salt and pepper. Place them in the bottom of the casserole dish. When the vegetables are done, top the fish with the mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center of the fish is opaque..
- Once baked, take out of the oven and add in parmesan cheese and basil. Stir. The fish will likely break up into chunks, I like it better this way instead of trying to keep them whole. Stirring should also cause the tomatoes to breakdown a bit, this will create that delicious herby tomato sauce. At this point I like to just toss in the angel hair, but it can also just be served on top of the noodles. Enjoy!.
Sprinkle with parsley, pepper to taste and parmesan if using. toss again and serve. enjoy. Skinny Rigatoni tossed with grilled Chicken, Sausage and spicy Cherry Peppers in an herbed Garlic-Tomato White Wine sauce. Top with lemon slices, zucchini and tomatoes. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Stir in the tomatoes and reduce heat to medium low.