Garlic and Cherry Tomato Pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
The tomatoes should be shriveled and the garlic tender. Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water while tomatoes and garlic are cooking. Cook pasta according to package directions. You can make Garlic and Cherry Tomato Pasta using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic and Cherry Tomato Pasta
- It’s 6 of cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- You need 4 of spring onions, sliced and reserve greens.
- It’s 8 of garlic cloves, finely diced or sliced.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, finely sliced or diced.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of onion salt.
- You need of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 100 grams of dried pasta.
- You need of water.
- It’s of sea salt.
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, chili and half of the lemon zest. While pasta is cooking, in a wide saute pan, heat olive oil with sun dried tomato olive oil (if using) or all olive oil. Smash them down with the help of a spatula and cook further. Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the starchy pasta water, salt and pepper.
Garlic and Cherry Tomato Pasta instructions
- Follow the packet instructions to cook the pasta. Do add some sea salt to the water to give the pasta some taste..
- In the meantime heat the olive oil on high then reduce heat to low- medium and add the garlic, chilli, bay leaf and white part of the spring onions. Fry for 2-4 minutes until it has softened (Be careful not to burn the garlic and onion)..
- Then add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and fry for a further 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened..
- Drain the pasta well and transfer to a plate..
- Spoon the fried ingredients over the pasta. Then sprinkle with the greens..
- serve an enjoy..
Heat ½ cup oil in a large heavy pot over low. Increase heat to medium and add tomatoes, red pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature. Deglaze the pan with ¼ cup pasta water, scraping the pan with a spoon to release all of the flavor of the tomato juices. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat.