Salted Caramel Apple Galette.
You can make Salted Caramel Apple Galette using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Apple Galette
- You need 1 of pie crust (see recipe).
- You need of For the filling.
- Prepare 2 of apples, sliced into 1/4 inch (0.5cm) slices.
- Prepare 25 g of packed light or dark brown sugar.
- It’s 6 g of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice (to prevent apple browning).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of salted caramel sauce (see recipe).
- It’s of egg wash (or coconut oil).
- You need 20 g of almond slices (optional).
Salted Caramel Apple Galette instructions
- Prepare the dough following step 1 in this recipe (see recipe).
- As the dough chills, prepare the filling: mix the apples, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Cover tightly and let sit until the dough is ready. I usually cover it and keep in the refrigerator during this time..
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside..
- Follow step 2 in the included recipe. No need to keep chilled any further..
- Arrange the apples (not the juices) into the center of the dough, leaving a 2 inch (5cm) border all around. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the apples, overlapping the dough as necessary. Press gently to seal the edges. Drizzle salted caramel over the filling (not the crust). Brush the crust edges with egg wash and sprinkle the whole thing with almond slices, if using..
- Bake until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown, about 35-38 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with extra salted caramel sauce drizzled on top and scoop of vanilla ice cream..