Summertime Pasta Salad. This classic pasta salad, packed with a bounty of summer vegetables and fresh herbs, is the perfect thing to make after a trip to the farmers' market. Look for the tastiest produce at the peak of. Pasta salad is on the menu in a big way this summer.
In a large kettle, cook pasta according to package directions. Pour cooked pasta and water over vegetables to thaw; rinse and drain well. In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine salad dressings, dill and garlic salt until smooth. You can have Summertime Pasta Salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Summertime Pasta Salad
- You need 1 lb of gemelli pasta (or your shape of choice).
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of fresh broccoli florets.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh green beans.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of can black beans.
- You need 3 slices of York ham (not too thin).
- You need as needed of olive oil.
- It’s of to taste salt & pepper.
- You need of to taste Parmesan cheese.
Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. This classic pasta salad, packed with a bounty of summer vegetables and fresh herbs, is the perfect thing to make after a trip to the farmers' market. Look for the tastiest produce at the peak of. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Summertime Pasta Salad step by step
- Cut mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli & beans into bite-sized pieces. Drain the black beans. Put a pot with plenty of water and salt to boil..
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, stir-fry the mushrooms for about one minute, then add the tomatoes and stir-fry for an additional 3-4 minutes. Place in a cool bowl and reserve..
- Roughly chop the ham.
- Once the water is boiling in the pot, add the pasta and cook al dente. Three minutes before the time is up, add broccoli, green beans, and black beans..
- Strain and rinse with cold water until pasta and veggies reach room temperature. By now, the mushrooms and tomatoes should have cooled off as well. Toss everything together and drizzle with olive oil..
- Add the ham and mix well. Serve, sprinkled generously with more olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!.
In a bowl combine cooked pasta, red pepper, zucchini, onion, olives, artichoke hearts, broccoli, salami, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. This healthy pasta salad features bold summer flavors, including tomatoes, corn and black beans tossed in spicy, fresh pesto! It's a great vegetarian side dish for potlucks and barbecues. See paragraph above for variations and substitution suggestions! Summertime Pasta Salad – a cold pasta salad packed with fresh veggies and lightly dressed with a parmesan and garlic dressing.