“Low carb” pasta salad. Simple recipes, tasty flavors, and the ingredients you need – all in one box! Enjoy This Easy Pasta Salad That's A Winner On Every Level. The traditional Caprese salad is modified to pasta form.
This Italian pasta salad recipe has all the flavors of antipasto–salami, Provolone and pepperoncini– tossed together with a tangy vinaigrette and whole-wheat pasta. This healthy antipasti pasta salad is perfect for a light dinner. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain. You can have “Low carb” pasta salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of “Low carb” pasta salad
- Prepare 1 lb of (or 13 oz) dream fields pasta (any shape-I used spaghetti) cooked aldente.
- It’s 1 of small pack of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Prepare 1 can of black olives cut in Half.
- It’s 1/3 of small bag baby carrots diced.
- You need 1 of small cucumbers diced (optional).
- You need 1 block of white cheese. (Extra sharp white cheddar is what I used).
- Prepare 1/2 bottle of Kens Italian dressing.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Herbs to taste- I used oregano and parsley with some scallions chopped.
Whisk together the salad spice mix and Italian dressing. In a salad bowl, combine the pasta, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and olives. Pour dressing over salad; toss and refrigerate overnight. This keto pasta salad is loaded with two kinds of cheese, salami, olives, and fresh low carb vegetables.
“Low carb” pasta salad step by step
- Boil pasta to instructions (try to undercook by 1 min to make aldente) place in cold water immediately after boiled.
- Chop rest of ingredients and place in large bowl.
- Add pasta once cooked and add cheeses and dressing. Mix well and store in fridge an hour or two before serving..
Drain and rinse well under cold water. While the pasta cooks, in the bottom of a large bowl, make the dressing. Whisk the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, pepperoncini juice (if using), and the olive oil until blended. Add the drained and rinsed pasta to the dressing and mix well. Our recipe for Hearts of Palm Pasta Salad makes a side dish that everyone will enjoy!