Caramel Apple Scones.
You can have Caramel Apple Scones using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Scones
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour + additional for hands and work surface.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, frozen.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream + additional for brushing.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of heaping cup peeled and chopped apple.
- You need of coarse sugar (optional).
- It’s of caramel sauce.
Caramel Apple Scones instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Use a hand grater to grate the frozen butter and toss it into the flour mixture. Combine it with either a pastry cutter, a fork or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Set this bowl in the freezer for a few minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking tray with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set it aside..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, egg, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Drizzle over the dry mix and use a rubber spatula to toss it all together until it's all just moistened. Then gently fold in the apples. The dough will be a bit wet and sticky. Flour your hands and a work surface, then use your hands to form the dough into a ball and transfer it to the floured surface. Press it into a disc shape, about 8". Use a very sharp knife to cut it into 8 equal wedges..
- Place the wedges onto the prepared pan and set the pan in the fridge for 15 or so minutes. After that, brush the wedges with additional cream and sprinkle a little coarse sugar over each one. Then bake for 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on the tops. Let them cool for a few minutes, then drizzle them with the caramel sauce..