Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved!. Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved! A kid friendly twist on the classic egg salad sammy. Peel and rinse eggs under cold water to cool; cube eggs.
Top with second slice of bread and repeat. Scoop the flesh from the avocado half into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and oil; mash until mostly smooth. You can have Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved! using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved!
- You need 2 of hard boiled eggs (cooled).
- You need 1/2 large of avocado.
- You need 1 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (to taste).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dill (dried).
- You need 2 slice of your favorite bread.
- You need 1 dash of sriracha (or your fav. hot sauce).
- It’s 1 of dijon mustard (I used Amora it's milder for the kiddos).
- You need 1 bunch of of love ;-).
Add chopped eggs, celery, chives, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Top each with a piece of lettuce and another slice of toast. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel. In a large bowl, mash the avocados with a fork or potato masher until mostly smooth.
Easy avocado egg salad sandwich: kid approved! instructions
- Hard boil your eggs. Let cool, and peel the shell. (5 minute prep time starts now).
- Cut your avocado lengthwise in 1/2 around the pit. Twist both sides opposite eachother to separate the two halves of the avocado. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Use the other half in some guacamole (I know I would)..
- Place peeled eggs, 1/2 avocado, mayo, salt, pepper, dill, and sriracha in your food processor and pulse until egg pieces are of desired size, approx, 1/4 inch and avocado is well incorporated. (I use one of these little beauties by Chef'n).
- Alternately: You can just as easily chop this in a bowl with a fork and knife, like my dad used to make it. I prefer the hand pull chopper, it's fast and easy..
- Spread the dijon mustard on both your slices of bread..
- Spoon that creamy, green, eggy deliciousness all over one side of the bread on top the mustard. Place your other slice of bread on top to complete your masterpiece! Pair with some crunchy cornichons & enjoy!.
Stir in the eggs, parsley (if using), lemon juice and salt. You'll be surprised by the amazing flavor and health advantages adding an avocado gives to this yummy avocado egg salad. This quick and easy sandwich idea not only makes this classic egg salad recipe healthier, but adds yummy flavor and creamyness to. Even kids wll love this avocado egg salad sandwich. So if you are looking for a new and exciting avocado recipe, this is one you must try!