egg salad sandwiches. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
Create sandwiches by topping with remaining slices. I had a surplus of avocados after purchasing too many for an event. A few days later, I was making egg salad sandwiches for lunch and had the fantastic idea to use avocado to bind it together instead of traditional mayo. You can make egg salad sandwiches using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of egg salad sandwiches
- You need 12 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yellow prepared mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of sweet cubed pickles.
- It’s 2 tsp of dill weed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of coarse ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of water to cover eggs in a pot.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of bread of your choice.
- Prepare 2 large of tomato sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese grated.
Not only was this version unbelievably delicious but the healthy fats in the avocado make. Mix in mustard, relish and pepper. Put egg salad mixture on bread (toasted is good as well), also good on rolls for finger foods. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in eggs.
egg salad sandwiches instructions
- place eggs in a pot cover with hot wateradd 1 teaspoon of salt and olive oil.
- bring to boil and boil 10 minutes.
- empty hot water quickly add cold tap water peel under the facet.
- make sure all shell is removed you can remove shell by tapping on the sink and roll with a little pressure there is a membrane between shell and egg white if you can get that broke a bit it pulls and shell comes off easy.
- after eggs peeled and rinsed add mayonnaise more or less how ever wet or dry you want I like mine wet.
- add parmesan cheese, add sweet pickles, spices, mustard blend well add to your favorite bread add tomato lettce pickles what ever you like even chopped green or black olives.
Using an egg slicer or a knife, finely chop the boiled eggs. Add the mayonnaise, chives, mustard, salt and pepper and mix until blended. Spread the egg mixture on the bread. Make the egg salad: Mash up the chopped egg a bit with a fork. Mix together the chopped hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, celery and onion.