Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Shrimp. Chop up the hard boiled egg. Add the finely chopped onion, the cut up shrimp and chopped up egg to the bowl with the mashed avocado, season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well. I like to season with Krazy Salt.
Chop up the hard boiled egg. Add the finely chopped onion, the cut up shrimp and chopped up egg to the bowl with the mashed avocado, season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well. This shrimp egg avocado salad is a gluten-free lunch idea that will keep you filled without any extra carbs. You can have Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Shrimp using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Shrimp
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/4 of Onion.
- Prepare 5 of to 10 medium shrimp Black tiger shrimp (or frozen peeled shrimp).
- You need 1/2 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of Salt (I used Krazy Salt).
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of to 1 tablespoon Lemon juice.
It's also the perfect appetizer to serve before a meal—I particularly like this in the warmer months because everything tastes so fresh! Whenever I eat this salad, I feel nourished and satisfied. It's amazing how something so simple can taste so surprisingly delicious! Lay the onion slices at the bottom and pour the egg salad equally over each piece of bread.
Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Shrimp step by step
- Place the eggs in a pot of cold water and bring it to the boil. Hard boil the eggs..
- While the eggs are boiling, finely chop the onion. You can use it as-is, but if you find onion a bit strong, soak in cold water for a while to soften the flavor..
- Cut the black tiger shrimp into lengths slightly over 1 cm. Sprinkle with a little white wine if you have it, plus salt and pepper, and microwave for 2 minutes (at 600 W)..
- Cool the shrimp..
- Scoop out the avocado into a bowl, and mash with the back of a fork. Sprinkle with lemon juice..
- Chop up the hard boiled egg..
- Add the finely chopped onion, the cut up shrimp and chopped up egg to the bowl with the mashed avocado, season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well. I like to season with Krazy Salt..
- This is the finished avocado dip with chunky pieces of shrimp..
- Sandwich the mixture between 2 slices of bread to finish. By the way, the bread is a homemade rustic French loaf I baked for the first time..
- You can use the mixture as a dip or on open faced sandwiches..
- If making open faced sandwiches, you can drizzle on a little extra virgin olive oil. Or try grinding on some black pepper..
- This filling is delicious between slices of toast. It's also good in rolls or in croissants. The version in the photo has no shrimp, but it was delicious nevertheless..
- By the way, if you want to make the pain de campagne yourself, I really recommend Yuutanku's. Even though it was my first time baking this kind of bread, I had no problems! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/148808-aromatic-rustic-french-bread-with-honey-and-sesame-seeds (see recipe).
Top the sandwich with smoked salmon and avocado. Enjoy with drops of hot sauce if you like some heat. Avocado Mango Salad with Grilled Shrimp. Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa Pockets. Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato Grilled Cheese..