Sandwich: Egg Salad. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
Mix in mustard, relish and pepper. Put egg salad mixture on bread (toasted is good as well), also good on rolls for finger foods. I had a surplus of avocados after purchasing too many for an event. You can have Sandwich: Egg Salad using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Sandwich: Egg Salad
- Prepare 3 of eggs (hard boiled).
- You need 1 of heaping spoonfull of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of sliced loaf of bread.
A few days later, I was making egg salad sandwiches for lunch and had the fantastic idea to use avocado to bind it together instead of traditional mayo. Not only was this version unbelievably delicious but the healthy fats in the avocado make. Mix hard-cooked eggs, onion, celery, sweet pickle relish, mayonnaise, sour cream, dried salad seasoning, Dijon mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper in a bowl until blended. Create sandwiches by topping with remaining slices.
Sandwich: Egg Salad step by step
- Hard boil eggs if you don't have any: Boil enough water to entirely cover eggs, CAREFULLY place eggs in water (with a sifter or something, good eggs sink and will crack if dropped in) and bring down to simmer. 12 minutes later take the eggs out and place into cool water until cool enough to handle. HB eggs last a week..
- Chop your eggs before you add mayonnaise. Take a yolk out if you are trying to be healthier. Toast the bread while you mix up mayonnaise and chopped egg, add salt/pepper to taste.
- Spread on toast, eat, and be happy :D. You get about 1 sandwich per egg (I guess it depends of the size of the bread and eggs). Only use 1 piece of bread and use as a spread if you are trying to eat less. DOES NOT LAST LONG so eat there and then. Not a sandwich you send you kid to school with for lunch. Good protein snack..
There is so much to love about a classic Egg Salad Sandwich! It's easy to make, easy to customize, and a winner with kids and adults alike. When it comes to using hard boiled eggs, I like using them in Chicken Casserole, Deviled Eggs, Potato Salad, or to make a good Egg Salad Sandwich. What I LOVE about this recipe: Five ingredients: hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt), yellow. Egg salad is a classic sandwich combination and there are a thousand possible variations, but this is my absolute favorite.