Old School Lunch-Style Egg and Cucumber Salad Sandwiches. Great recipe for Old School Lunch-Style Egg and Cucumber Salad Sandwiches. Eating these always make me nostalgic for school lunches. It's an easy, relatively simple sandwich but I have never seen this anywhere else so I posted this recipe.
Place the eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water. Once the eggs feel cool, crack the shells and carefully peel under cold water. Roughly chop the eggs to use in the salad recipe. You can make Old School Lunch-Style Egg and Cucumber Salad Sandwiches using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old School Lunch-Style Egg and Cucumber Salad Sandwiches
- It’s 2 slice of Very thick-sliced bread (I use Japanese 8-sliced sandwich bread).
- You need 1 of as required Butter.
- You need 1 of as required Mustard.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cucumber.
- It’s 1 of to tatse Sugar.
- You need of My favorite seasonings:.
- It’s 2 slice of Your favorite type of bread.
- It’s 1 of to tatse Coarsely ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of i don't like sweet egg-based sandwiches Don't put any sugar..
Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop. Place the chopped eggs in a bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, mustard and green onion.
Old School Lunch-Style Egg and Cucumber Salad Sandwiches instructions
- Rinse the cucumber and chop roughly. Sprinkle with a little salt and let it sit for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, squeeze out the excess liquid..
- How to mash the boiled eggs nicely. Refer to Cookpad user MOMO's recipe..
- Boil the egg and mash into a size similar to the cucumber..
- Mix the cucumber and egg..
- Stir in the mayonnaise and a little sugar (I use coarsely ground black pepper instead of sugar). Mix well..
- Mix and season to your liking..
- Spread mustard and butter on the bread and then the cucumber and egg mixture. Don't put any mustard if you make this for your children..
- Too easy, right?! You're all done!.
From "How to Boil Eggs" to an unusual ingredient (Sour Cream), this is the BEST Egg Salad I have ever had. I made up a big bowl of this for a breakfast snack and lunch sandwiches on Ash Wednesday. This is part of my on going efforts to keep my wife out of Purgatory. She observes Lent Old School style (Catholic Grade School old school style). In making meat or cheese sandwiches, both sides are spread with butter, but one side only with the meat, etc.; the other slice is then added, pressed gently and cut in two.