Tuna egg salad sandwich. Top sandwiches with remaining bread slices; slice diagonally and serve. In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, eggs, celery and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Store in a closed container in the fridge and use in salads, baked potatoes, sandwiches or as sides to another dish. Add more mayo if you'd like smoother, creamier tuna salad. Taste and add more of any of the ingredients to taste. You can have Tuna egg salad sandwich using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna egg salad sandwich
- You need 1 of sesame seed bagel (toasted).
- It’s 2 tbsp of tuna salad (basic recipe below).
- It’s of Dollop Mayo.
- Prepare of Dollop yellow American mustard.
- It’s 1 of pickled gherkin.
- You need Handful of Pickled Red onions.
- It’s Handful of chopped parsley.
- You need of Mature cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of egg (hard boiled).
- You need of Basic Tuna Salad.
- It’s 1 tin of tuna.
- Prepare of Dollop mayo (to taste).
- It’s of Dollop salad cream (to taste).
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s of Fresh parsley.
Tuna Egg Salad is a classic that never seems to get old, and you're guaranteed to find this retro favorite even more delicious than you remember it. Simple, familiar, yet oh-so-satisfying, this recipe comes fully loaded with tuna, hard-boiled eggs, celery, and dill pickles, all tossed together in a creamy, zingy dressing. Goes well with crackers or as a sandwich spread! This one is a deliciously healthy lunch.
Tuna egg salad sandwich step by step
- Slice bagel in half and toast..
- 🐟 Make BASIC TUNA SALAD: Mix together tinned tuna with mayo and salad cream to a creamy consistency. add chopped parsley and season. Store in a closed container in the fridge and use in salads, baked potatoes, sandwiches or as sides to another dish..
- Spread mayo on one half of your toasted bagel and mustard on the other half. Prep all other toppings. Dice gherkin and red onion, Finely chop parsley and slice cheese. I made a batch of pickled red onions using this great simple recipe – Https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/15430926-red-onion-pickle I have a jar in my fridge to use on top of salads, in sandwiches, on noodles and rice dishes or as a relish on the side of meats and fish..
- Add your tuna salad.
- Top with Gherkins, parsley and red picked onions..
- Add cheese and sliced hard boiled eggs. Top the bagel to make your sandwich. Enjoy!.
This one is a deliciously healthy lunch. The trick to a top-notch tuna salad recipe is the inclusion of both crunch and zest. Crunch comes from chopped celery and onion, and a dash of lemon juice adds the perfect, seafood-friendly zing. The combination of tuna salad and egg salad is inspired by a frequent sandwich made by my mother, and this recipe is spruced up with a spicy idea from a previous SWAT ingredient. With the addition of some good bread and an herb salad mix (or watercress, if you can find it), it is a sandwich most might not think of making, but one that makes lunch (or breakfast) so much better.