Tamago Sando | Egg Salad Sandwich. Mash in a shallow bowl with the side and back of a fork until desired texture is reached. Tamago sando is a simple egg salad sandwich that's one of Japan's culinary delights. The Secrets to Making Perfect Tamago Sando At Home.
Peel the eggs and set aside. The Japanese egg salad sandwich has taken America by storm. Other restaurants featuring Japanese-style egg salad sandwiches are popping up on both the east and west coasts. You can have Tamago Sando | Egg Salad Sandwich using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tamago Sando | Egg Salad Sandwich
- You need 2 of eggs,.
- You need 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream,.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Kewpie mayo,.
- Prepare Pinch of Shichimi Togarashi,.
- You need Pinch of nori flakes,.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup, adjust to preference.
- You need 1 tsp of Wasabi, adjust to preference.
- You need Pinch of sea salt,.
- Prepare of Fresh lemon juice, 1/4 lemon.
- You need of Fresh lemon zest, 1/4 lemon.
- Prepare of Hot dog buns homemade or any sandwich bread, 2 buns / 4 slices.
- Prepare of Sesame oil, for brushing.
Tamago Sando is a beloved Japanese sandwich has grown in popularity worldwide recently thanks to Japanese konbini (convenience stores). I grew up eating tamago sando (たまごサンド), like all Japanese people, and it's definitely one of my favorite Japanese sandwiches (alongside Japanese tuna sandwiches). Japanese Egg Sandwich or Tamago Sando (卵サンド) is a popular eggy sandwich found all over Asia. Delicious flavors of the egg salad is then combined with Japanese mayonnaise and then smashed between two pieces of Japanese White Bread.
Tamago Sando | Egg Salad Sandwich step by step
- You can check out my previous post for the hot dog buns recipe..
- Pierce the bottom of the eggs with an egg piercer if you have one. Add eggs into a sauce pot. Fill water to fully submerge the eggs. The eggs should be 1" underwater. Bring water to a boil..
- Once the water starts to boil, remove from heat, cover and set aside for 10 mins. While waiting, add cream, mayo, togarashi, nori, maple syrup, wasabi, salt, lemon juice and zest in a mixing bowl. After 10 mins, plunge the eggs into ice water. Peel the eggs. Slice the eggs into halves..
- Add the yolks into the cream mixture. Mash the yolks and mix until smooth. Coarsely dice the whites and transfer into the yolk-cream mixture. Mix until well combined. Set aside chilled in the fridge until ready to use..
- Brush sesame oil onto homemade hot dog buns or any sandwich bread. Toast in a griddle until lightly charred on both sides. Remove from heat and sandwich the egg salad. Sprinkle some more that nori flakes over the top. Serve immediately..
- For the detailed recipe video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/COp__ooFtev/.
Definitely one of the best things you can ever try. Tamago sando is a Japanese egg salad sandwich. In Japanese, tamago means egg, while sando means sandwich. Found in almost every convenience store, but also prepared at home in Japan, the sandwich consists of two slices of soft and pilowy crustless white bread stuffed with a combination of Japanese mayonnaise and scrambled eggs, mashed hard-boiled eggs, or both. Cut the eggs in half and separate the egg whites and the egg yolk into two separate bowls.