Egg Salad Sandwich. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
Mix in mustard, relish and pepper. Put egg salad mixture on bread (toasted is good as well), also good on rolls for finger foods. Finely chop hard boiled eggs with a pastry blender or knife and fork. add onion, celery seed, dijon, mayo, and lettuce and mix well. butter each slice of bread, top with egg mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper, seal sandwich and eat. You can make Egg Salad Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Egg Salad Sandwich
- Prepare 4 of Bread Slices.
- It’s 3 of Hard Boiled Eggs.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Mayonnaise + 1 Tablespoon for spread.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt, Black Pepper and Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Lettuce.
I had a surplus of avocados after purchasing too many for an event. A few days later, I was making egg salad sandwiches for lunch and had the fantastic idea to use avocado to bind it together instead of traditional mayo. Not only was this version unbelievably delicious but the healthy fats in the avocado make. Mix hard-cooked eggs, onion, celery, sweet pickle relish, mayonnaise, sour cream, dried salad seasoning, Dijon mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper in a bowl until blended.
Egg Salad Sandwich instructions
- Separate the white from the yolk..
- Use a mesh strainer and the back of a spoon to mash the yolks and white. This gives the mashed egg a fine and smooth texture. Alternatively, you can blend or use a food processor/ potato masher..
- To the mashed egg, add mayonnaise, sugar, black pepper, salt and seasoning..
- Add lemon juice and stir to combine. Spread mayo on the first 2 bread slices..
- Spread the egg salad on each slice. Add lettuce to one of the slice or even both. Spread mayo on the second slices to enable it stick properly to the first one..
- Use a sharp knife to carefully remove the edges (crust) of the sandwich. Use a toothpick to secure the sandwiches and slice in triangles. Serve with tea/ coffee/juice. Enjoy😍💃🍹.
Create sandwiches by topping with remaining slices. There is so much to love about a classic Egg Salad Sandwich! It's easy to make, easy to customize, and a winner with kids and adults alike. When it comes to using hard boiled eggs, I like using them in Chicken Casserole, Deviled Eggs, Potato Salad, or to make a good Egg Salad Sandwich. What I LOVE about this recipe: Five ingredients: hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt), yellow.