Chicken Breasts with Garlic and Herbed Goat Cheese. Combine garlic pulp and cheese, stirring well; set aside. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Sprinkle chicken evenly on both sides with salt and pepper.
Divide the chicken breasts in half, removing the cartilage. Loosen the skin from the meat by running a finger underneath the skin. Combine the goat cheese, herbs, garlic and pepper. You can make Chicken Breasts with Garlic and Herbed Goat Cheese using 15 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Chicken Breasts with Garlic and Herbed Goat Cheese
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- You need 6 oz of garlic and herbed spreadable cheese.
- You need 2 lb of chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly ground peppercorn.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Montreal chicken seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Peas.
- You need 3 cup of English peas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweet cream butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Mediterranean Sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of freshly ground peppercorn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of goat cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded parmegiano-reggiano cheese.
Place a generous tablespoon of the cheese mixture between the skin and the meat of each breast. Allow the chicken to rest for. CHICKEN WITH GOAT CHEESE & BASIL. Place the goat cheese and chopped herbs in a small bowl.
Chicken Breasts with Garlic and Herbed Goat Cheese instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head but do not separate or peel the individual cloves..
- Wrap garlic in foil and bake at 350°F for 1 hour..
- Separate cloves and squeeze to extract the pulp. Discard skins..
- Combine pulp and spreadable cheese and stir well..
- Cut a horizontal slit in the chicken breasts but not all the way through and open like a book..
- Spread the garlic-cheese mixture on the breasts and fold to retain their original shape. You can secure the chicken shut with toothpicks or cooking twine; mine was fine with no securing..
- Add salt, pepper, and chicken seasoning to both sides of the breasts..
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat..
- Add chicken the the pan and cook 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned..
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°F; let stand for 5 minutes..
- While the chicken is baking, add butter to a sauce pan over medium-low heat..
- Add peas to the pan..
- Season with salt and pepper; stir to mix elements together..
- Add the goat cheese and mix until slightly melted and incorporated..
- Add the rest of the cheese and stir until melted..
- Place the peas on the plate and top with the chicken..
- Served hot and enjoy..
Melt unsalted butter in frying pan and fry chicken in pan until golden brown and cooked throughout. Combine heavy cream and cream cheese in saucepan. Melt cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring contantly, until thickened. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture.