Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce.
You can have Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce
- It’s of Apple Filling.
- You need 3-4 of Granny smith apples.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoon of butter, melted.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Crumb topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare of Caramel Sauce.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Vanilla extract.
Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl combine the crumb topping ingredients with a fork (or pastry cutter or hands) until it resembles small crumbs. Refrigerate while you prepare apple filling and caramel sauce.
- For caramel sauce: combine brown sugar, half & half, and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk continually. Let mixture bubble for 7 minutes before you add vanilla. Once vanilla is added let it bubble for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken..
- Peel and slice apples. Set in bowl..
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and flour until well blended. Add lemon juice, milk, vanilla, and stir well. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt..
- Pour butter mixture over apples and toss to coat. Pour apples mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish..
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the apples..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top is set..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes..
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top, and enjoy..