Yummy Shakshuka with Feta. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low. Shakshuka with feta is great for brunch. Eggs are poached in a delicious tomato sauce flavored with warm spices and vegetables and then topped with creamy feta.
The tomatoes, peppers and onions cook to form a delicious sauce (make it as spicy as you want!) and then eggs are cracked into the pan to cook. Shakshuka is a North African one pan meal of poached eggs in a spicy tomato and pepper sauce! It's so yummy with a great combination of spices, so much easier than you think and versatile. You can make Yummy Shakshuka with Feta using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Yummy Shakshuka with Feta
- It’s 1.5 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of of a large onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of of a red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of ground cayenne.
- Prepare 1/2 oz of can chopped tomatoes with their juices.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt, more to taste.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of black pepper, more to taste.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cups of feta, as preferred.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s of Hot sauce.
- It’s of Flatbread/naan.
This Shakshuka recipe is packed with lots of fresh coriander, topped with best quality feta and made entirely on the stove. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, chopped onions, and red bell pepper. This easy shakshuka with feta cheese is a delicious option for breakfast, lunch or even dinner!
Yummy Shakshuka with Feta instructions
- Heat oil in a skillet or large oven-safe pan on medium-low. Add your chopped onions and bell pepper and cook gently for about 20 minutes until they're soft. While they're cooking, heat the oven to 375 degrees..
- Once the veggies are soft, stir in your garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until tender, then stir in your spices (cumin, paprika, and cayenne) and cook for 1 minute. Let everybody get to know each other in the skillet..
- Pour in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes are thick. Give it a taste and add more salt, pepper, and other spices if needed, then stir in your feta..
- Now it's time for the eggs. Make 3 circular wells in the stew, and gently crack each of your eggs into the wells, and then season with salt and pepper..
- If the oven temperature is set, put your skillet in the oven and bake the shakshuka for 7-9 minutes, until the eggs are set (poached), and remove it from the oven..
- While your shakshua is in the oven, toast the bread to your preferred crispiness..
- Sprinkle the shakshuka with cilantro and a splash of hot sauce, and the meal is ready. Put on a plate or dish..
It's made from simple, healthy ingredients like fresh tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, garlic, spices and poached eggs. Grab your favorite bread to dip into the runny yolks, and you've got yourself a satisfying + nourishing meal! In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Shakshuka with Feta – Delicious runny yolk and cooked egg whites, poached in a freshly prepared tomato sauce with onion, peppers, garlic, and spices. The Feta is just the pinnacle in this shakshuka with Feta recipe.