Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels. Great recipe for Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels. Different types of Shakshuka has became a fun new pursuit for me. It's clean, healthy , so versatile and super quick.
Heat the olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for one more minute until fragrant (add a little more olive oil if needed.) The shrimp and mussels were really well prepared. They weren't fishy or chewy, however, they were not very well seasoned, leaving the dish terribly bland. You can have Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels
- It’s 1 of large yellow bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of large red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced 🫑.
- It’s 1 of large orange bell pepper puréed.
- You need 2 cups of red, yellow and orange tomatoes halved 🍅.
- You need 1 of medium onion (about 1 cup) diced 🧅.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves chopped🧄.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1.5 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 pound of mussels.
- You need 1.5 pound of shrimp 🍤.
- Prepare 2 cups of cauliflower rice 🍚.
- It’s 15 of black olives chopped🫒.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 of of a cup of water.
With Fig Compote and Sangria Gel. This dish is made with Moroccan Baked Eggs in a Spiced Eggplant and Tomato Stew. Mussels make a light and tasty meal. The broth they create when they are cooking can be flavored in many different ways.
Shakshuka with Shrimp and Mussels instructions
- Heat skillet 🍳 to a medium heat and begin to sauté the onions, garlic and after 1 minute in add turmeric and cumin powder and allow spices to bloom and become fragrant..
- Add the puréed pepper and halved tomatoes. As the water begins to come out of the vegetables a sauce will begin to form. Add the remaining 2 thinly sliced peppers and simmer for about 5 minutes with skillet covered..
- Add the feta crumbles, sliced olives and a 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 2 minutes with skillet covered..
- Add the shrimp and mussels and simmer with the skillet covered for 5 minutes or until all of the mussels are opened. (Discard any mussels that do not open.).
- Serve over cooked cauliflower rice. (My wife ❤️’s it when I put the cauliflower rice in the sauce as it’s simmering that is certainly a good way to flavor the rice) and finish with salt and pepper to taste. And for a little heat sprinkle a small pinch of crushed red pepper..
This flavored broth may just be the best part. A piece of crusty bread or some garlic bread is the perfect vehicle for soaking up every last drop. Serve over pasta or rice and the broth becomes a flavorful sauce. The shrimp and mussels were really well prepared. They weren't fishy or chewy, however, they were not very well seasoned, leaving the dish terribly bland.