Shakshuka Brunch Skillet. Shakshuka is a healthy, simple dish that is traditionally served at breakfast and brunch in Israel and the Middle East, but it also is an easy dinner. Typically, Shakshuka combines tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, spices, and poached eggs. However, flavorful Bloody Mary Mix, tangy Bloody.
Heat a large skillet* over medium-high heat. Create small wells for the eggs using the back of a spoon. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil, add the onions and saute until translucent then add the Garlic and saute until fragrant. You can make Shakshuka Brunch Skillet using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Shakshuka Brunch Skillet
- You need 2 cups of Tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Oregano.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 4-5 of Eggs.
Now add the tomato puree, all the spices and mix well. continue to cook, stirring occasionally till its all well combined and sauce. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the canned tomatoes, paprika and jalapenos; stir, using the back of a spoon to break up the tomatoes. Skillet Eggs for Breakfast or Brunch.
Shakshuka Brunch Skillet instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large skillet drizzle olive oil and hear over medium heat..
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook until cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for additional 1 minute..
- Add the tomato sauce, oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. When it starts boiling cut the heat down to low and simmer for a few minutes..
- With a spoon make a little nest in the sauce for the egg. Crack the egg right in it. Don't worry if the eggs touch..
The answer to that agonizingly difficult question is a one-pot meal or as I like to call it a one-skillet breakfast. I wanted an egg recipe this time and for this one, I took inspiration from the popular Jewish dish "Shakshuka". It is basically eggs cooked in a richly luscious tomato sauce. In a large cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and chili pepper.