Shakshuka. Nutrient Dense Paleo Products – Eat Healthy on the Go! Eat Well And Live Vibrant With Nutrient-Rich, Organic Superfoods. Shakshuka has risen in popularity around the world, and with good reason.
It's a simple combination of simmering tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices and gently poached eggs. It's nourishing, filling and one recipe I guarantee you'll make time and again. Shakshuka leftovers will keep for seven days in the fridge, so plan on doubling the recipe to use throughout the week! You can have Shakshuka using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Shakshuka
- You need 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion sliced.
- You need 1 of red capsicum sliced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes (28oz).
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of crumbled feta.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- You need of Cilantro, chopped for garnish.
What are some variations of this shakshuka recipe? Try replacing the Sriracha with cayenne pepper, depending on the spice level that you want. Cayenne is the traditional heat source for shakshuka. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F..
- Heat oil in skillet then add onion and capsicum. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes..
- Add garlic, seasonings and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat..
- Top with feta and break in eggs then add skilled to oven until eggs are cooked..
- Garnish with cilantro..
Add the canned tomatoes, paprika and jalapenos; stir, using the back of a spoon to break up the tomatoes. Stir in the olive oil, garlic, onion and salt. Cook until the garlic begins to. Not only is it fun to say, but shakshuka eggs is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes of all time. Made of every-day ingredients–eggs, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic–this dish is healthy, satisfying, and packed with flavor.