Shakshuka made healthy!. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. This is a healthy shakshuka recipe that is delicious and super easy to put together! There are many ways to make this dish, you can use this recipe as a base and add or change it a bit as you wish.
Scroll down to the recipe card for detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps: Cook the sauce. Cook the onion in olive oil with some salt. You can have Shakshuka made healthy! using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Shakshuka made healthy!
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion chopped fine.
- It’s 1 of egg at room temperature.
- You need 1 of large tomato diced.
- It’s 50 gms of spinach cleaned and chopped fine.
- You need 50 gms of mixed bell peppers chopped fine.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbspn of mixed herbs.
- It’s 2 tbspn of grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 50 gms of button mushroom cleaned and chopped fine.
- You need 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves chopped fine.
- It’s 1 tbspn of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of tspn dry spices like turmeric and red chilli powder.
Then add the garlic, paprika, cumin, and red pepper flakes. This Easy Shakshuka Recipe made with Feta is a one-skillet meal made with simmered veggies, fragrant spices, and gently-poached eggs. This delicious vegetarian meal will soon become a family favorite! This Israeli Shakshuka recipe with poached eggs made in a saucy tomato broth is the next best addition to your weekend brunch or easy recipe arsenal.
Shakshuka made healthy! step by step
- In a non stick pan, add the oil and let it heat up on medium flame.
- Add the onions and ginger garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Stir in the spinach and remaining veggies(except the tomatoes). Mix and sauté over medium-Low heat. Take care not to overcook.
- Finally add the tomatoes, dry spices, herbs,salt, pepper. Mix well and cook covered till the tomato softens..
- Make a small depression/space in the center of the mix with the help of a spoon.
- Carefully crack and add the egg in the space created. Add a pinch of salt and ground pepper powder on the eggs and cook covered for another 2-3 minutes or till the eggs are done.
- Once done sprinkle the grated cheese and coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with bread toasted or just by itself, this egg dish is spectacularly tasty. Enjoy!.
- Tips: If you like the crunchiness of the bell peppers, add them towards the end just before you add the egg and mix well.
- Tips: For those with high spice tolerance levels, add 1 green chilly finely chopped at step one.
- Tips: If you prefer semi/poached eggs, make sure you check the egg and remove from heat before its fully cooked.
The other week, Sahar was over and we were discussing some exciting new projects for the YouTube channel. Not only is it fun to say, but shakshuka eggs is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes of all time. Made of every-day ingredients–eggs, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic–this dish is healthy, satisfying, and packed with flavor. Heat the olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Warm the oil in a large, oven-safe skillet (preferably stainless steel) over medium heat.