SHAKSHUKA with twist. The twist here is using store-bought salsa, available everywhere, in place of the classic spicy tomato sauce that is the base of the classic shakshuka. Shakshuka is a classic Middle Eastern dish where eggs are poached in a spice filled tomato stew. Instructions to make SHAKSHUKA with twist: In a skillet heat olive oil butter mixture over medium high heat.
This popular Israeli egg dish is healthy, easy to make, and incredibly delicious. Not to mention, it can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For breakfast or lunch, you can eat shakshuka with bread, pita or matzah. You can have SHAKSHUKA with twist using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SHAKSHUKA with twist
- It’s 3 tablespoon of olive oil mix with 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Prepare of I medium sweet onion peeled and diced.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic peeled and sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of colored pepper with one chili pepper finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of mushrooms (optional) I love.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika of both smoked and sweet.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 14 ounce of can of diced crushed of tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of big rip fresh tomatoes if not in season you used another can.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of tomatoes paste.
- Prepare 4 ounce of feta cheese I used goat.
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of zatar.
Shakshuka, egg dish with a twist Learn how to make the best shakshuka here! Shakshuka, a very popular dish in the Middle Eastern parts, is a delicious dish featuring poached eggs in a pepper and tomato sauce. How To Make shakshuka, egg dish with a twist. Place a larger frying pan or a skillet over medium heat.
SHAKSHUKA with twist step by step
- In a skillet heat olive oil butter mixture over medium high heat.
- Add onions garlic cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add color peppers chili mushroom cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add spices add the fresh tomatoes and the can tomatoes reduce the heat to medium cook for 15 minutes.
- Sauce need to be thickened but is still loose enough to be sloshes.
- Stovetop the heat low press with back spoon make 6 indentation in the sauce crack one egg in each 2 inch away add the feta cheese top with zatar..
- You could finish on stovetop on law heat for 10 minute until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- I love it on top of slice Italian bread toasted.
- Husband love it on top of grits.
Add the tomato sauces, the teriyaki, soy sauce, ketchup, sriracha or any other chili sauce along with the Worcestershire sauce. Shakshuka is an egg dish at any Israeli breakfast – whether you are in a restaurant or at home – eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The dish, which is believed to have originated in either Yemen or Tunis, consists of eggs cooked in tomato sauce and peppers, sometimes with onions, other herbs or. Place a larger frying pan or a skillet over medium heat. Add the tomato sauces, the teriyaki, soy sauce, ketchup, sriracha or any other chili sauce along with the Worcestershire sauce.