Egg Shakshuka. Shakshuka has risen in popularity around the world, and with good reason. Originally from North Africa and the Middle East, this flavorful dish of eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce is tasty. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the red onion and saute for a minute or two, or until soft. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. You can make Egg Shakshuka using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Egg Shakshuka
- You need 1-2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of small tomato.
- Prepare 1 of mushroom optional.
- Prepare of small piece of bell pepper.
- It’s As needed of tomato paste.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- You need To taste of black pepper powder.
- You need of vegetables oil.
- It’s of water.
The best baked eggs in the world – Shakshuka! A Middle Eastern and North African dish traditionally served up for breakfast or lunch, this can be made entirely on the stove or finished in the oven. However, bread for dunking/mopping is not optional! Once the sauce is thick enough, use a spatula to create evenly-spaced wells for the JUST Egg.
Egg Shakshuka step by step
- Cutt the onion, pepper, tomato and mashurom to small piceses..
- Add vegetable oil to the hot pan..
- Add the onion, pepper, mashurom, tomato until soften add little water if needed..
- Add the tomato paste to the ingredients and mix togather..
- Break the egg inside the pan add salt and black pepper..
- Serve it hot with bread.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Egg shakshuka is a simple one-skillet dish of gently poached eggs in a tasty mixture of simmering tomatoes, green peppers, onions and garlic. A few spices are added, and they may vary slightly from one recipe to another. Shakshuka is an easy, healthy breakfast (or any time of day) recipe in Israel and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa. It's a simple combination of simmering tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices and gently poached eggs.