Shakshuka. Shakshuka has risen in popularity around the world, and with good reason. Originally from North Africa and the Middle East, this flavorful dish of eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce is tasty. Shakshuka is an easy, healthy breakfast (or any time of day) recipe in Israel and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa.
Shakshuka leftovers will keep for seven days in the fridge, so plan on doubling the recipe to use throughout the week! What are some variations of this shakshuka recipe? Try replacing the Sriracha with cayenne pepper, depending on the spice level that you want. You can make Shakshuka using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Shakshuka
- You need 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, cubed.
- Prepare 1 of large red bell pepper, seeded and cubed very small.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of \4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Prepare 4 of large very red tomatoes cubes.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of salt, more as needed.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, more as needed.
- You need 3-4 of large eggs.
- Prepare of Chopped parsley, for serving.
Cayenne is the traditional heat source for shakshuka. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the canned tomatoes, paprika and jalapenos; stir, using the back of a spoon to break up the tomatoes. Stir in the olive oil, garlic, onion and salt.
Shakshuka step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over a high heat, add the onions and red pepper cook them until soft and tender add the garlic stir in all spices and pour in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper simmer until tomatoes have thickened.
- Then gently crack the eggs over the tomato sauce and sprinkle them with a dash of salt and pepper cover the skillet and keep the heat in a medium range until the eggs are just set, garnish it with fresh parsley on top and serve it with pitta bread..
Cook until the garlic begins to. Not only is it fun to say, but shakshuka eggs is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes of all time. Made of every-day ingredients–eggs, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic–this dish is healthy, satisfying, and packed with flavor. The shakshuka concept is very simple. Eggs are soft cooked atop a bed of thick reduced tomato sauce with peppers.