shakshuka. Shakshuka has risen in popularity around the world, and with good reason. Originally from North Africa and the Middle East, this flavorful dish of eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce is tasty. Shakshuka is an easy, healthy breakfast (or any time of day) recipe in Israel and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa.
Shakshuka leftovers will keep for seven days in the fridge, so plan on doubling the recipe to use throughout the week! What are some variations of this shakshuka recipe? Try replacing the Sriracha with cayenne pepper, depending on the spice level that you want. You can make shakshuka using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of shakshuka
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of chile pepper diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked praprika.
- You need 1 tsp of caraway seed crushed.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of loosley packed greens.
- Prepare 4 oz of feta cheese.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
Cayenne is the traditional heat source for shakshuka. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the canned tomatoes, paprika and jalapenos; stir, using the back of a spoon to break up the tomatoes. Stir in the olive oil, garlic, onion and salt.
shakshuka step by step
- heat oil over medium high heat. add onions garlic and cok for 5 mins. add chile pepper, salt, pepper, and spices. cook for a minute stiring constantly.
- add tomatoes, tomato paste, honey, and vinegar. reduce heat to medium and cook for 12 – 15 minutes..
- stir in loose greens.
- press feta cubes into sauce.
- make indentations with spoon and crack eggs into them. gently drag spatula unto egg whites avoiding the yolk.
- simmer for 10 minutes basting egg whites.
- cover for 4 minutes and cook until eggs are cooked to your liking.
Cook until the garlic begins to. Not only is it fun to say, but shakshuka eggs is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes of all time. Made of every-day ingredients–eggs, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic–this dish is healthy, satisfying, and packed with flavor. The shakshuka concept is very simple. Eggs are soft cooked atop a bed of thick reduced tomato sauce with peppers.