Gogo’s Shakshuka. Geez, I'm hoping I don't sound like Ina Garten in some of these posts. Anyways, Shakshuka means a mixture of simple, healthy ingredients. The standard version uses hearty, delicious spiced tomato and pepper sauce with eggs poached on top.
It's easy because it's a one pan meal and the ingredients are interchangeab. Subscribe to Fassifern Guardian to read the full story.. Low Salt doesn't mean No Taste. You can have Gogo’s Shakshuka using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gogo’s Shakshuka
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare Half of hand of fresh parsley.
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin or whole/ground.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1 of bay leave from Casa Klaric.
- Prepare 1 of small twig thyme from Televrine, Losinj Island.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper or chili flakes.
- Prepare of Salt according to own taste.
Shakshuka is the perfect dish for lazy weekend brunches or quick weeknight meals. The veggies cook in the tomato sauce to get soft and sweet. Chickpeas and lightly cooked eggs add a generous helping. With the boom in black-authored cookbooks in the past few years, the culinary landscape has started to shift and there is a growing national consciousness and pride in how people relate to their cultural foods.
Gogo’s Shakshuka instructions
- Oil, onion, garlic fry, who garlic cloves.
- Add bay leaf & bell pepper, let simmer.
- Add tomatoes (finely chopped) & paprika powder, half of the parsley, pepper, salt Simmer for 5 min. Important for following steps, keep the lid on the pan..
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water for sauce..
- Add eggs (original recipe after pan is removed from stove) and cook as long as you prefer. 5 min medium – 8 min hard..
- Add parsley on decoration..
These books have added heart, style and profound meaning to local cookery stands and have challenged the limits of what a cookbook can be. The Nine Shrines of Ratchaprasong are dedicated to various Hindu, Brahmin & Buddhist gods & goddesses. There are NINE shrines in all and you can visit all of them and pray for good fortune, success in business & even love! Go, Go Gaucho – Food historians. The flavor was super on-point, but i like shakshuka kind of chunky so next time i'll let all the green stuff stew for a while in the dutch oven and upgrade with some duck eggs!