Easy shakshuka. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the canned tomatoes, paprika and jalapenos; stir, using the back of a spoon to break up the tomatoes. Easy shakshuka made with eggs that are gently poached in a simmering mixture of tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
It's a simple combination of simmering tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices and gently poached eggs. It's nourishing, filling and one recipe I guarantee you'll make time and again. Warm the oil in a large, oven-safe skillet (preferably stainless steel) over medium heat. You can have Easy shakshuka using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Easy shakshuka
- You need 3 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper.
- It’s Half of can of crushed tomatoes or 4 grated tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of tomato paste (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbs of chopped cilantro or parsley.
- It’s of Feta cheese (optional).
- Prepare of Bread (to serve with).
Once shimmering, add the onion, bell pepper, and salt. Shakshuka has risen in popularity around the world, and with good reason. Originally from North Africa and the Middle East, this flavorful dish of eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce is tasty. This Shakshuka Recipe is a popular Middle Eastern breakfast that is basically poached eggs in a spicy tomato sauce – it's vegetarian, easy and healthy!
Easy shakshuka instructions
- In a pan over medium heat sauté onions and pepper with olive oil.
- Then add garlic and spices and stir for a bit.Then add tomatoes (fresh or can).
- Let simmer for a bit then make small holes and crack the eggs then cook for 5 to 8 minutes covered with a lid.
- Once cooked sprinkle the chopped parsley or cilantro.You can also add some feta cheese.
Scroll down to the recipe card for detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps: Cook the sauce. Cook the onion in olive oil with some salt. Then add the garlic, paprika, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Add the onions, harissa, tomato paste, peppers, garlic, cumin, paprika, and salt and stir to combine.