Easy Shakshuka. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the canned tomatoes, paprika and jalapenos; stir, using the back of a spoon to break up the tomatoes. Easy shakshuka made with eggs that are gently poached in a simmering mixture of tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
Originally from North Africa and the Middle East, this flavorful dish of eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce is tasty. Shakshuka is an easy, healthy breakfast (or any time of day) recipe in Israel and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa. It's a simple combination of simmering tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices and gently poached eggs. You can make Easy Shakshuka using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Shakshuka
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of onion, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- You need 1 (28 ounce) of can whole peeled plum tomatoes with juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika, or to taste.
- You need 2 slices of pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 4 (6 inch) of pita bread (optional).
It's nourishing, filling and one recipe I guarantee you'll make time and again. Warm the oil in a large, oven-safe skillet (preferably stainless steel) over medium heat. Once shimmering, add the onion, bell pepper, and salt. Add the onions, harissa, tomato paste, peppers, garlic, cumin, paprika, and salt and stir to combine.
Easy Shakshuka step by step
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat..
- Stir in the garlic, onion, and bell pepper; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. minutes..
- Add the canned tomatoes, paprika and jalapenos; stir, using the back of a spoon to break up the tomatoes..
- Simmer for about 25.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl, then gently slip the egg into the tomato sauce..
- Repeat with the remaining eggs..
- Cook the eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks have thickened but are not hard, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. If the tomato sauce gets dry, add a few tablespoons of water..
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, place onto a warm plate, and serve with the tomato sauce and pita bread..
Add tomatoes and bring to a low simmer. If shakshuka does not form a sauce-like consistency, add a little water. Add salt and pepper to taste. This Shakshuka Recipe is a popular Middle Eastern breakfast that is basically poached eggs in a spicy tomato sauce – it's vegetarian, easy and healthy! Scroll down to the recipe card for detailed instructions.