Creamy chicken noodle skillet. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the carrot, celery, and onion. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and cream and bring the heat up to.
Stir in corn, peas and carrots. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente. You can make Creamy chicken noodle skillet using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken noodle skillet
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream (milk can be substituted).
- You need 6 ounces of wide egg noodles (about 3 3/4 cups).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well here).
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the carrots, celery and onion. Add the flour and stir together. Add the chicken broth and skim milk.
Creamy chicken noodle skillet step by step
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the carrot, celery, and onion. Sautee in the butter until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 30-60 seconds..
- Add the flour and cook for about 3 minutes or until mixture is thick. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and cream and bring the heat up to medium-high. Add the egg noodles and cook for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are soft..
- Add the chicken to the noodles for the last minute or two of cooking to heat the chicken through. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately..
Noodles and chicken are coated in a creamy, savory sauce- it's a great use for leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken or if you've got some leftover ham try: Pennsylvania Dutch Ham & Noodle Skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley. Add the chicken & onions, and add salt and pepper to the chicken. Add broth, milk, garlic salt and pepper. Add pasta, wait for reboil; reduce heat to low.