Tuna noodle casserole. The Tasty Tuna Casserole Gets Revamped With Rice And Cheesy Cheddar Topping. Mix bread crumbs with butter in bowl and sprinkle over tuna mixture. Add sauce mixture to reserved noodles.
Stir tuna, cooked noodles, cream of mushroom soup and a few other pantry items in a baking dish, sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs and pop into the oven. Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Mix the cream of chicken, mayonnaise and milk together in a large bowl. You can have Tuna noodle casserole using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna noodle casserole
- Prepare 12 oz of pkg egg noodles.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of med diced white onion.
- You need 2 stalks of diced celery.
- It’s 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1-1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced mushroom.
- You need 5 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/3 Cup of flour.
- It’s 3 Cups of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1-1/2 Cup of frozen peas.
- You need 3 (5 oz) of cans tuna, drained.
- Prepare 1-1/2 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of bread crumbs.
- It’s of Cooking spray.
Add the diced celery and onion. Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese. Salt and pepper to your taste. Prepare pasta noodles according to package directions.
Tuna noodle casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Boil egg noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain..
- Put olive oil in a skillet over med heat. Stir in onion, celery, garlic & red pepper flake. Cook 5 mins..
- Turn to med-hi. Add mushrooms and cook additional 5 mins..
- In large saucepan, melt 5 Tblsp butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper..
- Stir peas, tuna, vegetable mixture with noodles in the large pot. Add milk mixture..
- Stir in cheese..
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and transfer mixture from saucepan..
- In a small bowl, melt 2 Tblsp butter. Mix in bread crumbs until moistened. Sprinkle over top casserole..
- Bake approximately 20 minutes..
Combine tuna, pasta, peas and onion. In a small bowl combine the mushroom and celery soups, milk and pepper. Pour over tuna pasta mixture and toss to combine. In a separate bowl, mix together soup, milk and garlic powder. Stir in noodles, peas, tuna and thyme.