Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole. The Tasty Tuna Casserole Gets Revamped With Rice And Cheesy Cheddar Topping. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, once the butter is melted, add the onions. Cook until onions are brown and tender.
To Assemble the Casserole: :Put your noodles in your casserole dish. Pour soup mixture over the pasta and stir in tuna and broccoli florets. Sprinkle top with Bake & Fry mix. You can have Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- You need 12 oz. of extra wide egg noodles.
- You need 2 cans (4 oz) of ea.) tuna; drained.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of seasonings of choice:.
- You need of parsley, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- It’s of Topping:.
- It’s 8 oz. of pkg. shredded Italian cheese blend.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter, cut into pats.
Cook noodles according to package instructions. In a large bowl combine soups, sour cream, tuna and seasonings. Stir in the cooked and drained egg noodles. Top with cheese, bread crumbs and butter.
Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package instructions..
- In a large bowl combine soups, sour cream, tuna and seasonings..
- Stir in the cooked and drained egg noodles..
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9×13 baking dish..
- Top with cheese, bread crumbs and butter..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
This is an easy to make creamy pasta dish, that I usually have all the ingredients for on hand. It is comfort food at it's best! I usually use whole wheat pasta for extra fiber and nutrition. This tuna noodle casserole is the best… it's my mom and grandma's recipe! A creamy, cheesy sauce coats egg noodles, dotted with green peas and flake tuna, topped with melty cheesy and buttery breadcrumbs.