Chicken noodle soup. Inspired by Panera Bread's version, this soup delivers on flavor. Tender chicken in a lemony broth with orzo pasta, carrots, onions, celery, and baby spinach. This has quickly become one of my family's very favorite soup recipes.
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. If a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, surely chicken noodle soup is warm and wonderful in any language. You can make Chicken noodle soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken noodle soup
- You need 4 lbs of chicken breast.
- You need 2 of pd egg noodles.
- It’s 1/2 stick of salted butter.
- Prepare 2 of onion.
- You need 4 stalks of celery with leafy ends.
- You need 4 of large carrots.
- It’s 3 of zucchini.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbs of chicken bouillon base.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dill weed.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
A world-wide comfort food and widely touted cure-all, chicken soup is known in many languages: ajiaco in Columbia, hønsekødssuppe in Denmark, soto ayam in Indonesia, cappelletti in brood in Italy, sopas in the Philippines and rosól in Poland. Add celery, carrots, bay leaves and thyme. Learn how to make bowls of soul-warming chicken soups, like Tyler's version with aromatic vegetables and egg noodles. Add thyme, poultry seasoning, chicken broth and bouilion.
Chicken noodle soup instructions
- Add chicken breast to pot, cover with water. Add 1 tbsp of your chicken bouillon, 1 tsp of the onion and garlic powder. Bring to boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes. Do not over cook chicken at this point or it will not be tender in the finished product. You just want to boil until all the blood is cooked out of your meat and breast is white throughout. Remove breast and set aside, covered. Reserve water and return pot to burner..
- Add butter to pot on medium high heat and stir until butter is browned. Add onions, zucchini, carrots, celery and garlic. You do not need to brown your vegetables, just cook until onions are translucent and flavors are brought out..
- Pour reserved broth into pot with vegetables and add water until it reaches about 9 quarts. Add remaining seasonings and bring to rolling boil, lower heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes (or until vegetables are tender) with lid on your pot..
- Shred and add reserved chicken breast along with egg noodles to pot and cook for 8 minutes or until noodles are cooked through..
- I serve mine with freshly baked olive oil bread..
Heat the olive oil until shimmering over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the stock and bring to a boil. In a large pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil, carrots, celery, and onion. Pour in the chicken broth and egg noodles and bring to a boil on high heat. Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.