Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles. Pat the beef dry and season it with salt and pepper. Place the chopped garlic, salt and pepper into a bowl. Add enough extra-virgin olive oil to create a paste.
While sauce cooks, prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter and a little pepper while hot. Serve noodles, topped with sauce, then place meat on top. You can make Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles
- It’s 1-2 lbs of beef chuck, cubed.
- It’s 1 of carrot, roughly split.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3 sprigs of thyme or 1 Tbsp dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 lb of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of sherry or brandy.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 lb of egg noodles.
- Prepare of Parsley.
Garnish with parsley and green onions. Stir in the Greek yogurt and mustard. Add salt and pepper as needed. Pour the mixture on top of the prepared butter noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles instructions
- Begin by prepping the ingredients.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a pressure cooker on saute.
- Add the carrot, onion, garlic, bay, and thyme to the pressure cooker and saute while you brown the beef.
- Season the beef with about a Tbsp of salt and some pepper. In a large skillet over high heat with a little oil, brown the beef..
- When the beef begins to give up its liquid, add it to the pressure cooker with the vegetables, and add the sherry..
- Return the skillet to the high heat and add the mushrooms to brown..
- When the mushrooms are starting to sweat, add them to the pressure cooker..
- Add the water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire, and soy sauce.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release. If doing this in a Dutch oven, increase the water to 3 cups total and place on low heat with the lid ajar and simmer for 2 hours or until the liquid is reduced by half..
- While the beef is cooking, mix the sour cream and mustard in a small bowl..
- When the pressure is released, remove the carrot and bay leaves, take a few ladles of the hot liquid and temper it into the sour cream mixture. Taste the beef for seasoning with salt..
- Boil the egg noodles in a pot, drain and toss with remaining 2 Tbsp of butter..
- Serve the stroganoff atop the noodles with a garnish of chopped parsley and an extra dollop of sour cream..
The Chew: Beef Stroganoff With Butter Noodles Recipe Directions. Put a large Dutch oven over high heat and add olive oil. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Use a slotted spoon, remove to a plate, and repeat with the rest of the meat in two more batches. Directions for Recipe for Beef Stroganoff.