Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine. While pasta cooks, heat a large pan over medium heat. Remove shrimp from fridge, uncover, add to hot pan along with all marinade in bowl. Spread out into an even layer.
EVOO, coriander, and salt & pepper. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and lower heat to a gentle simmer. You can have Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine
- It’s 1 lb of frozen raw shrimp – thawed, deveined and peeled, peels reserved for stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Perfect Blend Citrus Fiesta seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil – divided.
- You need 2 clove of garlic – minced.
- It’s 2 cup of shrimp stock (see step 2).
- It’s 1 of zest and juice of 1 large lime (or 1 and 1/2 small).
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream or half and half.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh grated parmesan.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro – leaves only (this was t abou1/2 a bunch for me).
- It’s 8 oz of linguine pasta – prepared to package directions, 1/4 c of pasta water reserved.
In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and cumin. Add shrimp and toss to combine. Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi Pasta – it's just like shrimp scampi but with cilantro, lime, and linguine pasta! Perfect dinner for any time of the year (but especially Summer!).
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine step by step
- Thaw, devein and shell raw shrimp (I buy frozen deveined, ez peel like AquaStar brand). Place peeled shrimp in a medium bowl and shells in a small sauce pan..
- To make the stock, cover shells in pan with about 2 1/2 c water. Add a pinch each of garlic powder and onion powder if desired but NO salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to medium low, cover and simmer 25 minutes. While stock is simmering marinate shrimp. Drizzle 2 tbs olive oil over shrimp in bowl. Add Mrs. Dash seasoning, red pepper flakes and a small pinch of salt. Stir to coat, cover and refrigerate..
- When stock is done, strain through a fine mesh sieve or colander placed over a medium bowl. Set bowl of stock aside and discard shells. Begin preparing pasta according to package directions. When done, reserve 1/4 cup of the water, drain pasta and set aside..
- While pasta cooks, heat a large pan over medium heat. Remove shrimp from fridge, uncover, add to hot pan along with all marinade in bowl. Spread out into an even layer. Cook on first side about 30 seconds. Flip all pieces. Cook 1 minute more or until shrimp are just beginning to turn pink. Transfer to cleaned bowl and set aside..
- Place pan back on heat. Add last tbs olive oil. Allow to heat about 30 seconds. Add minced garlic. Sautee until just fragrant, stirring constantly so not to burn. About 1 minute. Add all of the shrimp stock, stir and scrape up any flavorful bits stuck in bottom of pan. Turn the heat up to medium high and boil until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes..
- When stock has reduced, turn heat down to medium, add zest and juice of lime(s) as well as honey. Stir until well mixed. Stir in heavy cream until fully incorporated. Bring back to a simmer until thickened, stirring frequently. About 2 minutes. Add 1/4 c pasta water and shrimp to sauce. Bring back to a low simmer until shrimp are just heated through and sauce has thickened once more. About another 2 minutes. Taste. Add a small pinch of salt and pepper as desired. Stir..
- Turn heat off. Add linguine to sauce in pan. Toss to coat. Add about 1/3 cup chopped cilantro and freshly grated parmesan, gently toss to coat once more. Taste again and adjust salt and pepper as desired once more. Serve with a crisp side salad and enjoy!.
- Note: unsalted chicken stock may be used in place of the shrimp stock. The shrimp flavor will just not be as pronounced in the dish as with it. Emphasis on unsalted though! If you use regular sodium stock it will become too salty as it reduces. Also, if you can't find the Mrs. Dash add 1/2 tsp each chile powder and paprika, 1/4 tsp onion powder and about 2 tsp lime juice to the shrimp along with the olive oil and pinch of salt..
At the same time, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reheat gently on medium heat, stirring to. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and cumin. Add shrimp and toss to combine. Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi Pasta – it's just like shrimp scampi but with cilantro, lime, and linguine pasta!