Caramel Apple Muffins.
You can make Caramel Apple Muffins using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Muffins
- You need 1 (8 oz) of container sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 of Tbls. Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 Tsp. of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of peeled and diced Granny Smith apples.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of package caramels.
- Prepare 3 of Tbls. whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped lightly salted, roasted pecans.
- You need of Wax Paper.
- You need sticks of Food safe twigs or craft.
Caramel Apple Muffins instructions
- Cinnamon Topping: Stir together 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, 1-1/2 Tbls. All-purpose flour, and 1/4 Tbsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 1-1/2 Tbsp. Butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles course meal. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 375 prepare cinnamon Topping as directed..
- Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with a electric mixer 30 seconds or until blended.
- Stir together flour, and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. (DO NOT OVERMIX!) stir in diced apples. Spoon into a lightly greased 12 cup muffin pan. Filling 3/4 full; sprinkle with Cinnamon Topping..
- Bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and a wooded pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan to cool on wire rack; cool completely about 30 minutes..
- Microwave caramels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring at 30 seconds intervals. Let mixture stand, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat muffins..
- Quickly dip bottom 3/4 of each muffins into caramel mixture; roll bottom half of caramel coated portion of muffins in chopped pecans and place muffins, Carmel side up, on a lightly greased wax paper. (If caramel mixture starts to harden before you've dipped all the muffins, microwave a few seconds to soften) insert food- safe twigs or craft sticks into caramel-covered portions of muffins.