Coconut Shrimp with Lime & Cilantro rice. In a bowl whisk together the egg whites, cornstarch, salt, and pepper, to taste. Dip the shrimp into the egg mixture, and then press the shrimp into the coconut flakes, coating well on both sides. Stir in shrimp, lime zest, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce.
Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Pour over coconut milk and squeeze with lime juice. Mix yogurt, mint, lime zest and juice until blended. You can make Coconut Shrimp with Lime & Cilantro rice using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp with Lime & Cilantro rice
- Prepare 1 dozen of jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined.
- You need 2 cup of coconut flakes Toasted.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 cup of of Panko.
- You need 1 of Minute Rice.
- You need 1 of lime.
- It’s 4 small of cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of handful of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of cooking spray.
Combine cracker crumbs and coconut in pie plate; beat egg and water in second pie plate. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Spoon shrimp mixture over pasta or rice and sprinkle with cilantro.
Coconut Shrimp with Lime & Cilantro rice instructions
- Toast Coconut, allow to cool and mix with panko in a baking dish.
- Coat shrimp in egg mixture.
- Remove and coat shrimp in coconut and panko crumbs.
- Broil on sprayed a baking sheet medium high until golden brown( about 4 mins each side).
- Tear desired cilantro leaves and chop.
- Smash and mince garlic.
- salt minced garlic and smear into a paste.
- cook rice and stir in cilantro and garlic salt paste.
Serve with lime wedges and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper OR grated parmesan cheese. Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add the coconut milk, lime juice, honey, sriracha, and soy sauce to the pan and bring it to a boil. Add shrimp in a single layer. Fluff rice with a fork; transfer to platter with asparagus.