Garlic Cilantro Shrimp. Mix until all the shrimp are coated. Add cilantro and lime juice; toss to coat. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle. Once cooked, remove from heat and pour garlic/cilantro sauce. Garlic shrimp cooked in a creamy cilantro lime butter sauce. You can have Garlic Cilantro Shrimp using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Cilantro Shrimp
- You need 4 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil, divided.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of kosher salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro, plus more for serving.
- You need 1 lb. of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of finely diced onion.
Serve this as an appetizer, with pasta, over rice or in tortillas for tacos. The recipe is easy to adapt. Swap lime for lemon and try other tender herbs like parsley, dill, basil or tarragon in place of cilantro. Toss the shrimp in the sauce and arrange on a platter, or you can serve the cooked shrimp plain and add the roasted garlic cilantro sauce next to it.
Garlic Cilantro Shrimp step by step
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and cilantro and pour over shrimp. Mix until all the shrimp are coated. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, or up to 8 hours..
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add onions and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add coated shrimp and cook on one side until pink, about 45 seconds, then flip over. Cook until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more..
- Serve immediately with extra cilantro, if desired..
In a large bowl, cover shrimp with water. This will help your shrimp to taste like they are fresh out of salt water! Meanwhile combine cilantro, garlic, remaining salt, red pepper flake, black pepper, olive oil and lime juice. Season the shrimp with salt and cayenne pepper. Heat up a cast-iron skillet, add the olive oil, garlic and lightly saute before adding the shrimp.