Margarita shrimp with coconut cilantro rice. Margarita shrimp with coconut cilantro rice Chef Bryce @ChefBryce. You can serve these shrimp over rice, quinoa, or even this delicious cilantro lime cauliflower rice. Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Coconut Rice — skillet cooked shrimp is tossed with bright lime and fresh cilantro then served over a bed of rich coconut rice.
I've been obsessed for the last few weeks since I first tried it (seriously though, where has it been all my. Combine the margarita shrimp ingredients including shrimp in a large ziplock bag and mix well. Bring water and coconut milk to a boil and add lime, salt, cumin, cilantro and rice. You can have Margarita shrimp with coconut cilantro rice using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Margarita shrimp with coconut cilantro rice
- Prepare 1 lb of peeled and deveined shrimp.
- You need 1/2 cup of evo.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of large jalapeño with seeds, stem section removed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ancho chile powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of tequila(optional but worth it).
- Prepare to taste of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Lime slices for service.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, then green onions and garlic. Add the shrimp to the skillet. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, and pepper. Once the shrimp is cooked, remove from heat and toss with lime juice, zest, and cilantro.
Margarita shrimp with coconut cilantro rice instructions
- Add all ingredients on the list, from oil to black pepper, and process until smooth.
- Add shrimp and marinate for 3 hours.
- Pull shrimp out and skewer them. Start the coconut rice (refer to my recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/9414903-coconut-rice) once the rice is done, fold in chopped cilantro to taste.
- Grill shrimp until done and serve over rice and squeeze lime over the dish and serve with extra lime and finish with more cilantro..
In a bowl, whisk together cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to make a marinade. In a large zip-top bag, combine shrimp with marinade and refrigerate for at least an hour. In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, water, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil and stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover pot.