Lime, chilli prawns on mango salad. Great recipe for Lime, chilli prawns on mango salad. It's been pretty hot here in Queensland. I made this simple meal for a dinner party up in the hills over looking Gold Coast with a nice chilled refreshing white and great conversations.
Put the mangoes and coriander in a bowl and add the remaining marinade, toss and refrigerate. Heat a chargrill pan on medium. Bring the marinade in a saucepan to the boil. You can have Lime, chilli prawns on mango salad using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Lime, chilli prawns on mango salad
- You need 6 of king prawns green and peeled.
- It’s of For marinate.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of chili paste.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 2 of limes zest and juice.
- You need of Few splashes fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of chopped coriander.
- It’s 2 heads of baby cos lettuce washed.
- It’s 1/4 of sliced Spanish onion.
- You need 4 of cherry tomatoes cut.
- It’s 1 of whole fresh mango peeled and diced.
- It’s of Kewpie mayo.
- It’s tablespoon of white wine vinegar.
- It’s tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Top with mango and avocado slices. Peel each mango and cut its flesh away from the stone in four segments and finely slice each segment lengthways; Place in a bowl with the red onion and salad leaves. For the dressing, mix all ingredients in a blender and place in bowl. To finish the dish, place mango salad in the center of chilled plates.
Lime, chilli prawns on mango salad step by step
- Mix all marinate ingredients in bowl and add prawns to absorb flavours. 10mins.
- In hot fry pan with some oil grill your prawns till charred and cooked through. Deglaze pan with remaining marinate juices. Set aside and rest.
- Arrange salad on plate with lettuce, mangoes, tomato, onions and mangoes..
- Mix on marinate juices with vinegar and oil to make a salad dressing. Taste check for balance. Drizzle over salad.
- Place prawns on salad, squiggle mayo and serve immediately..
Transfer the prawns to a tray or shallow dish containing the reserved marinade. Just before serving, gently toss together all the ingredients for the mango salsa. Serve the prawns with the mango salsa. Mixed lettuce, tossed with mango and cucumber chunks and a citrusy honey lime vinaigrette. If you like prawns and citrus flavours this salad will not disappoint!