Spicy Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos. In a medium sized bowl, mix together tequila, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil to make shrimp marinade. Preheat a grill pan to medium high heat (you can of course use a real grill, but just place the shrimp on skewers if you do). Add the tequila and lime juice.
Cover and let simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed. For each taco, spoon a couple of tablespoons of the Spicy Tequila-Lime Shrimp onto two warm corn tortillas stacked on top of each other. Garnish with shredded cabbage, Pico de Gallo, and a squeeze of fresh lime. You can have Spicy Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Prepare of Marinate.
- You need 12 of garlic cloves crushed.
- It’s 2 1/2 of Limes Juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Tequila.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cayenne.
- You need dash of Ground Oregano.
- You need dash of Sea Salt.
- You need 2 lb of Fresh Medium Shrimp peeled.
- It’s of Tacos.
- Prepare 12 of Taco size tortillas.
- It’s 2 cup of finely shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Finely diced red onion.
- It’s 1 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated.
- It’s 1 large of Avocado, thinly sliced.
- It’s of Cilantro Lime Jalepeno Drizzle.
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped Cilantro.
- It’s 5 clove of Crushed Garlic.
- It’s 1 large of Jalepeno, sliced.
Place shrimp into a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, combine tequila, lime juice, jalapenos, cilantro, salt and chili powder. Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat. Take out the shrimp and add marinade to the pan.
Spicy Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos instructions
- Add all ingredients together except Shrimp..
- Microwave for one minute.
- Set aside to cool while you peel and blot dry your Shrimp.
- Put Shrimp in gallon size zip lock bag and add marinate.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Put Shrimp on skewers or use barbecue veggie roasting pan..
- Cook on grill until shrimps are pink.
- Place Cilantro, Jalapeños, and garlic in blender.
- Pulse 4-5 times to mix.
- Add Mayo to blender and blend well, about 1 minute.
- Add small amount of cabbage in each tortilla,.
- Sprinkle onion and cheese.
- Lay 2 or 3 avocado slices on top.
- Spread 4 shrimp on top.
- Drizzle with Cilantro Lime Sauce.
In a bowl, combine tequila, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well then toss shrimp in marinade. I decided to make a tequila lime marinade. I was going to marinate chicken but being the seafood lover that I am, I ended up using shrimp instead.