Shrimp tacos with red cabbage lime slaw. These shrimp tacos are about to be your go-to recipe. Serving the shrimp tacos with slaw calms the spices with a zesty, tangy finish thanks to the lime and sour cream. These soft tortilla tacos are topped with crispy and tender shrimp seasoned with cumin, paprika, and garlic, a delicious cabbage and cilantro slaw, and a sour cream and lime juice crema sauce.
I don't know about you, but if I'm making tacos I need to make sure that it's accompanied with some awesomeness. In a bowl, stir together the chili powder, cumin, garlic, bay leaf and oil. Add the shrimp and stir to coat. You can make Shrimp tacos with red cabbage lime slaw using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp tacos with red cabbage lime slaw
- It’s 1 lb of fresh shrimp, peeled and devained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- It’s 3 cup of shredded red cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce.
- Prepare 12 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 of lime wedges (optional).
Meanwhile, to make the slaw, stir together the vinegar, oil and sugar in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves. Add the cabbage and cilantro, toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Heat a grill on high heat. While shrimp are grilling, toss together cabbage slaw in a medium bowl.
Shrimp tacos with red cabbage lime slaw instructions
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. In a resealable plastic bag combine Olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 tsp salt; add shrimp; chill 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, finely shred peel from lime; juice lime. For lime slaw, in a large bowl combine the lime peel, lime juice, cabbage, and remaining salt. Set aside..
- In a small bowl combine sour cream and chipotle pepper; set aside. Wrap tortillas in foil..
- Thread shrimp on skewers. On a covered grill, grill tortilla packet directly over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning once. Add shrimp to grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until opaque, turning halfway through grilling..
- Remove tortilla packet from grill. Remove shrimp from skewers..
- To serve, spread tortillas with sour cream mixture. Top with lime slaw and shrimp. Sprinkle with cilantro and pass lime wedges..
Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. In a bowl, add cabbage, onion, and jalapeño. Zest lime into bowl, then slice in half and juice both halves into bowl. Add sour cream, olive oil, and salt, stirring until coated. In a bowl, add shrimp and taco seasoning – toss to coat.