Fish and Shrimp Ceviche. Have ice water ready on the side. Combine with fish and toss with onion, ginger, garlic, hot pepper, celery. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine the fish and shrimp in a glass bowl. Fish and shrimp should be opaque when ready. Drain and discard the juice from the seafood. You can make Fish and Shrimp Ceviche using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Fish and Shrimp Ceviche
- You need 1 of boneless raw fish (tilapia/swordfish).
- Prepare 8-10 pcs of raw shrimp.
- It’s 6 pcs of lime.
- Prepare 1 pcs of lemon.
- You need 1 of medium size tomato (cut in small pieces).
- You need 1 of jalapeño (minced).
- It’s 1 of medium size red onion (cut in small pieces).
- It’s 1/2 of avocado (cut in small cubes).
- You need 1 of / cup minced cilantro.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Serrano pepper (minced) optional.
Mix in the juice of the remaining limes. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed. Great with just about any type of fish, shrimp and/or scallops. Stuff it inside a flour tortilla with some creamy coleslaw or add some avocado and tomato for a refreshing dip.
Fish and Shrimp Ceviche instructions
- Cut fish and shrimp in cubes. Put in a large size bowl.
- Squeeze lime and lemon and mix with the fish and shrimp in the bowl. Make sure that the seafoods are fully covered. You can add more lime to do so..
- Add the onions. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours. The seafoods will be cooked in lime. It will change the color..
- After 1 1/2 hours, check if all the seafoods have changed their color. Means its cooked already..
- When it's ready, add the tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, jalapeño pepper and serrano pepper (optional, if you want it spicy). Mix well. Season with salt and pepper..
- Serve with tortilla/nacho chips. Best if served cold..
Ceviche also makes a perfect first-course appetizer. Do make certain that the fish is either fresh or was properly frozen and thawed. While still hot gently fold garlic into the ceviche. Garnish with fresh chile sliced and hot sauce. Drain the seafood into a mesh strainer or colander.