Quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Stir garlic, red onion, and cilantro. Mix in tomato and clam juice cocktail, ketchup, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and horseradish.
Serve it chilled with saltine crackers on the side. Blend the tomatoes, the sugar and the salt in a blender to make a tomato puree and put aside in a bowl. Chop up the onion into fine pieces and put it aside in a bowl. You can have Quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- You need 1 jar of Food Cravings Salsa.
- It’s 10 of large /12 medium/16 small cooked shrimp.
- It’s 1 of ripe but firm diced avocado.
- You need 1 of jalapeno seeded and finely chopped.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
- You need of Juice of 1 fresh lime.
- It’s 2 of scallions chopped (white and green part).
Skin the cucumber, remove the seeds, chop it up into fine pieces and put it aside in a bowl. Stir in soda, Clamato juice, lime juice and ketchup. Serve with a slotted spoon and tortilla chips. Add the shrimp and let the water return to a simmer and poach for an additional minute or two.
Quick Mexican Shrimp Cocktail instructions
- If large shrimp then cut into bite size pieces and combine with salsa and lime juice. Set in fridge while preparing other ingredients. Add avocado, cilantro, scallions, and jalapeno. Refrigerate for 30 minutes if possible but ok to eat now! Additional ingredients could be chopped cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and hot sauce 😋 Put in decorative glass and serve with saltines or chips. Great as an appetizer along with wedges or cheese quesadillas..
Scoop the shrimp out and place onto a rimmed baking. Then this is the Mexican Shrimp Cocktail recipe for you! Build bigger, better flavor faster by using quick-cooking pan-seared shrimp, dressed in a vibrant cocktail sauce, with creamy avocado, and the perfect blend of crunchy vegetables. Mix all ingredients in a large non-reactive container. Let sit for a few hours in refrigerator, or overnight.