T’s Shrimp Tacos. Place shrimp in a pan with the olive oil. Season with Cajun, old bay, garlic, salt and pepper. Sear until brown on both sides.
For Aji Amarillo – don't skip this! Serve the warm tortillas with the shrimp, slaw, pico de gallo, avocado slices, sour cream and pepper jack cheese, then let everyone build their own tacos. Be sure to squeeze the lime wedges over. You can have T’s Shrimp Tacos using 33 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of T’s Shrimp Tacos
- It’s of For Shrimp.
- You need 1 bag of extra large peeled/deveined shrimp.
- Prepare of Your favorite Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Old bay.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need of For Cole Slaw.
- You need of Tricolor bag of cole slaw.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Honey.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of The juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of rice vinegar.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of For Shell.
- Prepare of Yellow corn tortillas.
- It’s of Toppings.
- It’s of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare of Cojita Cheese.
- You need of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- Prepare slices of Avocado.
- It’s of Fresh lime.
- It’s of Aji Amarillo Sauce (ingredients to follow).
- It’s 2 of jalapeños (leave some seeds, but not all).
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro.
- You need 1 tablespoon of aji Amarillo paste.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cotija cheese.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of white vinegar.
- You need 3 teaspoons of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayo.
- It’s of Salt/pepper.
Shrimp Taco Ingredients: To make this shrimp tacos recipe, you will need the following ingredients: Shrimp: Just a pound of peeled and deveined large shrimp. Taco seasoning: Either store-bought or homemade taco seasoning, which we will use to season the shrimp along with some sea salt and black pepper. Tortillas: I'm loving these homemade flour tortillas lately, but you can use any type of. What size shrimp to use in shrimp tacos.
T’s Shrimp Tacos instructions
- Place shrimp in a pan with the olive oil. Season with Cajun, old bay, garlic, salt and pepper. Sear until brown on both sides. Set aside..
- Open bag of cole slaw into a mixing bowl. Add mayo, honey, lime juice, rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- For Aji Amarillo – don’t skip this! This is the perfect sauce for these! Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixed..
- Toast tortillas in a hot pan until they start to brown on both sides.
- Assemble with cole slaw, avacado, cotija, shredded Mexican cheese, aji Amarillo, fresh squeeze of lime, and a sprig of fresh cilantro!.
You can use smaller or larger shrimp if you wish. You can't go wrong with topping tacos in my opinion! Use whatever's in your fridge or whatever you prefer. Let rest while you prepare the shrimp taco sauce and slaw. Prepare the sauce and slaw: In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, lime zest, and lime juice.