Mojito shrimp. Marinate shrimp in a combination of fresh herbs, juices, rum, lime zest, salt, and sugar for a fresh, tropical take on the classic mojito cocktail. Turn shrimp over, baste again, and close lid. Transfer shrimp to a platter, drizzle with lime juice, and garnish with mint sprigs.
For presentation purposes, I like to. Add shrimp to marinade and toss until combined. In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to. You can have Mojito shrimp using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Mojito shrimp
- It’s 1/4 cup of white rum.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mint leaves, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need of zest of 2 limes.
- You need 1.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 lb of shrimp.
- Prepare of cilantro, diced.
In a medium bowl, combine mint leaves, sugar, and shallot. Whisk in rum, lime juice, oil, lime zest, and salt. Once cooked, remove from grill and serve immediately. **Note: For a fun way to serve your shrimp, make an additional batch of the marinade and toss with half a bag of shredded cole slaw mix. Layer slaw into bottom of martini glass and top with grilled mojito.
Mojito shrimp instructions
- Whisk together rum, mint, oil, sugar, lime zest, cilantro, and salt.
- Add shrimp, coat with mixture, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Skewer shrimp and grill or boil until bright pink and sizzling.
Sure, you can drink all those yummy ingredients, but try them on shrimp. Why I like this shrimp recipe. This recipe uses ingredients that are easy to find, plus it's quick to assemble and cook which is just what you want when you want to invite some folks to dinner – Sammy Hagar style. Place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag or mixing bowl and set aside. Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl; whisk until combined.