Sunshine caramel apple pie. This Salted Caramel Apple Pie is loaded with juicy apple slices and salted caramel sauce! Baked in the flakiest all-butter pie crust, it's the perfect apple pie for Thanksgiving or Christmas! So are you ready for Fall or what?
A classic apple pie is always at the top of our fall baking list, but this year we are deciding to step it up. Caramel brings out the sweetness of apples and makes it taste even MORE like fall. Apple pie in any form – slab pie, galette, Dutch-style, traditional double-crust… if it has the words apple and pie in the name, I will devour it. You can make Sunshine caramel apple pie using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sunshine caramel apple pie
- It’s 2 cups of flour all purpose.
- Prepare 2 sticks of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 Tbsps of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 (12 inch) of square foil.
- It’s 4 of apples (granny Smith).
- Prepare 1 of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/8 of teasp salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (u may add more).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 (13.4 oz) of Nestle La Lechera Caramel.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Last year, I made a Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie, which totally blew my mind. I'll eat cheesecake without abandon, but the combination of the apples. Of all our apple pies, this Caramel Apple Crumb Pie is the winner! The cinnamon-spiced oat topping is wonderful.
Sunshine caramel apple pie instructions
- To make Pie Crust Frist slice cold butter into cubes, place the butter in to freezer,, Take and put your dry ingredients in a large bowl mix it, Take out your butter and put it in your dry ingredients, with your clean fingers make dough like pea size mix, Now your cold apple cider vinegar (you want to make sure it's cold)put in your dough mix,mix with you hands now work the dough, (don't overwork the dough) now divided the dough by 2 Wrap them with plastic wrap place in refrigerator for 2 hours,.
- Now it's been 2 hours, take one of the dough out of the refrigerator, on a floured surface you will roll out your dough, try and get it about 12 inches in circle for a 9"inch pie dish.
- Place dough in pie dish (it's easier to move the dough with rolling pin) Placing in dish evenly,set a side..
- Now for the Apple's Cut them in 1/2 " inch thick,put lemon juice and toss the Apple's to coat them, Now mix brown sugar, salt,cinnamon powder, and cornstarch, toss till all Apple's are coated,.
- Now put them in pie dish,oven should be preheating on 350°F,u will also bake on 350°F..
- Now put the Nestle La Lechera Caramel On top of Apple's,spreading over them.
- Now time to roll out the last dough Roll out to same size as the other one, Useing a pizza cutter, roll out strips then weave them over the Apple's,making a weave top, Bake for 30 mins,then tent foil On top for 30 more mins,then take off foil, Bake a additional 20 minutes or until golden brown, done Now let the pie cool completely about 2 hours or more, Enjoy !!!!.
- Sprinkle sugar on top then bake.
And the caramel sauce adds that special taste of fall! Developed by bakers for our own Almanac cookbook, this is the pie we make for a Thanksgiving or holiday dessert. This Caramel Apple Pie is a classic dessert made even better! Scrumptious caramel apple filling with a flaky, buttery crust. One of the best desserts you've tasted all year!